What if you’ve already done some of the work needed to publish a book or create something else? If you’ve always thought making something should be a tough, start-from-scratch process, you’ll want to check this episode out.
“Ask yourself this question — does what I want to create already exist in some form in my life?” – Kim Nicol
Kim Nicol worked in marketing before attending law school. She now teaches meditation and mindfulness workshops and works with executives from Tesla, Google, and Facebook and has self-published 2 Amazon bestsellers.
We talked through how she self-published her first book (Kindle & paperback) on Amazon for a total cost of $150 in only 8 weeks, her emotional journey to publishing her book, and how she deals with negative feedback.
Some of the highlights of our conversation include:
- How she reframed what “counted” as a book
- Why writing a book doesn’t have to be a struggle
- Her secret account on Medium.com, what she uses it for, and what she has noticed
- A challenge for you to create using things you’ve already made (listen till the end)
- And much, much more
Selected Links from the Episode
- Connect with Kim Nicol
- Interview Subject
- Robin Birdwell: https://www.instagram.com/robinbirdwell/
- Make things from other things
- For cover art
- Books that inspired her book structure